What is a CP12 gas safety certificate?
As a landlord you are legally required to have all gas appliances in the property you let checked every 12 months.
Who needs a CP 12 gas safety certificate?
One is required for each property you let, situations include:
- Renting of a residential property
- Renting of rooms within a property, multi-occupancy
- Renting of a single room, including and lodger or boarder
Please not that this is not a definitive list.
When do I need a CP12 gas safety certificate?
One is required every 12 months for each gas appliance within your property.
What appliances need a CP 12 gas safety certificate?
All gas appliances within the property will require a CP12 certificate
Do I need to supply my tenants a copy of the CP12?
Yes, within 28 days of issue or the start of their tenancy. You can either give them a paper based copy or digital version that thy get online.
Who can issue a CP12 gas safety certificate?
A technician registered with the Gas Safety Register can only issue these certificates.
What do they check?
They may check:
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressure
- Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturer’s data plate.
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets
- Investigate and evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person