Is your Ideal Istor boiler displaying a fault code?
Is your Ideal Istor boiler not working? Below is trouble shooting advice for guidance. If you require an Ideal boiler repair then please give us a call and we’ll send you a Gas Safe service engineer to repair your boiler.
What does an Ideal Boiler Repair and Relax include?
- A fixed price repair
- With no call out fee’s to pay
- Aim for a 2 hour emergency response
- A 12 month boiler breakdown policy*
Our Repair and Relax option to fix your Idea boiler fault code is just £239.99. On top of that, after we’ve repaired your boiler we’ll then provide you our 12 month boiler breakdown policy*. But if you require a service for your Ideal boiler, by one of our trusted gas engineers, our fee is just £89 and that includes a 12 month boiler breakdown policy* too.
Ideal Istor boiler trouble shooting
Boiler is not working for central heating or hot water
- Check there is power to the boiler – switch (A) in the ON position and ‘0 ’ displayed on the controls.
- If ‘0 ’ not displayed then not a boiler fault – contact your installer/service company.
- Check external programmer is set to an ‘ON’ period and the relevant function selected i.e. central heating or domestic hot water. Test by overriding the programmer by setting to ‘continuous.
- Check room thermostat for central heating or the cylinder thermostat for domestic hot water, are set at the required temperature. To test operation of either thermostat turn fully up. If no response contact your installer.
Boiler is not working for central heating or hot water but attempts to fire by going through 3 ignition attempts. Display shows ‘L : F ’ (flashing).
- Press reset button (D) for 2 seconds to repeat ignition sequence.
- Check gas supply (try another appliance – cooker/fire etc.) – If no gas supply then not a boiler fault – contact gas supplier.
- Check condensate pipe is not blocked or frozen. If blocked, clear blockage – if not possible to check contact your installer.
Boiler is not working for central heating or hot water and the display shows ‘L:A ’ (flashing).
- Press reset button (D) for 2 seconds, the boiler should then re-light. If fault recurs this indicates an overheat condition. The boiler should be turned off and your installer contacted.
- Check if ALL radiators have thermostatic radiator valves fitted. If they have contact your installer.
Boiler is not working for central heating or hot water and the display shows ‘H:A ’ (flashing).
• Check if ALL radiators have thermostatic radiator valves fitted. If they have contact your installer.
If you do require a boiler repair then make sure you only use a Gas Safe Registered engineer to repair it.
Ideal Boiler Manuals / Instructions
Download a copy from our library, if your boiler is not listed Contact us and we will do our best to help you.